Blog Main Categories
- Project Management 71
- Business Skills 123
- Creative Design 67
- Business Processes 74
- IT and Web Development 66
- Digital Marketing 101
You are viewing posts from the Work Package category. Click to view all posts
Here you can download official PRINCE2 project templates to help you to manage your project effectively.
You can download a zipped folder containing all of the PRINCE2 project templates or select individual templates from the list below:
PRINCE2 Project Templates:
- Benefits Review Plan
- Business Case
- Checkpoint Report
- Communication Management Strategy
- Configuration Item Record
- Configuration Management Strategy
- Daily Log
- End Project Report
- End Stage Report
- Exception Report
- Highlight Report
- Issue Register
- Issue Report
- Lessons Log
- Lessons Report
- Project Plan
- Product Description
- Product Status Account
- Project Brief
- Project Initiation Documentation
- Project Product Description
- Quality Management Strategy
- Quality Register
- Risk Management Strategy
- Risk Register
- Work Package
PRINCE2® PROCESSES – Controlling a Stage (CS)
The purpose of the Controlling a Stage process is to assign work to be done, monitor such work, deal with issues, report progress to the Project Board, and take corrective actions to ensure that the stage remains within tolerance.
For each stage, the following cycle of activities will be covered:
- Authorise a Work Package
- Review Work Package Status
- Receive Completed Work Packages
- Review the stage status
- Report highlights
- Capture and examine issues and risks
- Escalate issues and risks
- Take correction action
The continued assessment of risk and issues during this process is important.
Products used or produced during this process:
- Work packages, detailing the products to be produced must be agreed between Project and Team Manager.
- Quality register – checked for approved products produced
- Configuration item records – updated with latest status of products
- Checkpoint reports – reviewed in preparation for Highlight reports
- Highlight Reports (time driven control) produced by the Project Manager, sent to the Project Board advising on progress information.
- Issue reports and Issues register in which all issues are captured and examined.
- Daily log – used to informally manage any risks and issues
- Lessons log – updated with any lessons learned during the stage
- Updated Risk register.
- The Stage Plan which is regularly updated with actual achievements.
- An Exception Report may also need to be created if an issue is forecast to exceed stage tolerances.
Learn more about the Controlling a Stage Process on our PRINCE2 Courses.