Terms and Conditions
- The validity of all pricing quotations remains for 7 days from the date that they are first sent to the client. Due to dynamic nature of our business and training industry, all prices are subject to change.
- VAT is not included in the published prices. Any VAT which is chargeable on services provided by Silicon Beach Training Ltd must be paid by the clients and companies. The correct VAT amount will be listed by Silicon Beach Training Ltd on the invoice - as required by statute.
- All quotations do not include VAT. The implication of VAT will be at the point of purchase and it will be featured within the sales invoice if the corresponding purchase is pursued, as required by statute.
- Any living, travel or accommodation expenses incurred by the client in attending is not included in the published prices unless specifically mentioned on the Booking Form.
- Regardless of the country of origin of the client and location of the course, VAT is required to be paid. In case of E-learning courses, VAT will be charged as per place of supply and the relevant tax legislation in the country of consumption.
- Silicon Beach Training Ltd reserves the right to modify the prices of the training courses if any service provider, third party vendor or certification body alter their examination fee or material cost.
- Due to anticipated fluctuations in prices, training event prices mentioned on leaflets, materials, correspondence and brochures belonging to Silicon Beach Training Ltd are not legally binding; they do not constitute as part of a legal agreement and are advisory at the time of public dissemination.
- The course fee(s), inclusive of VAT, are payable in full immediately upon receipt of the invoice. Clients must be responsible for all bank charges in relation to the overseas transactions who wish to make payments from non USA accounts or credit cards.
- Silicon Beach Training Ltd will impose a late payment charge of 8% over the Bank of England base rate; without prejudice or distortion to alternative rights listed. Payments can be made by major debit and credit cards inclusive of credit card charges including American Express.
- A card surcharge of 2.99% will be incurred on all credit card payments except for payments made via American Express, which will incur a surcharge of 3.99%.
- The Purchase Order must clearly state the contact details, purchase order number, full invoice amount, course dates for invoicing. In case of booking of more than one course on the same booking form, it is required to make full payment immediately upon confirmation before the commencement of the first course.
- Knowledge Pass contracts must be paid in full upon confirmation before any clients attending an event. Silicon Beach Training reserves the right to refuse entry to a training program until the course fee has been paid in full. The certificates and examination results will not be issued until the full fee is paid. Silicon Beach Training’s “Knowledge Pass” product has a strict 12 month expiry policy, which will be strictly adhered to under all circumstances.
- Knowledge Passes are non-cancellable, nontransferable and non-refundable under any circumstances and has validity up to a maximum of 12 months.
- Events are subject to the cancellation fees listed in Clause 3 and rescheduling fees listed in Clause 4 which are booked under a Knowledge Pass contract.
- FlexiPasses are non-cancellable, nontransferable and non-refundable under any circumstances. FlexiPasses must be paid upfront fully before attending the course. Silicon Beach Training Ltd reserves the right to refuse entry to a training program until the course fee is paid in full. The examination results and certificates will not be issued until the full fee has been paid.
- In case of cancellations, all administration fees are payable immediately upon receipt of the invoice.
- The client will adhere to Silicon Beach Training’s terms and conditions once a partial or full payment has been processed, on the website or over the phone by the following methods: Bank transfer, Debit Card, Cheque, American Express or Credit Card.
- It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that the person has the correct purchasing authority who has approved the purchase of a product.
Cancellation made by Silicon Beach Training
- Due to unavoidable circumstances such as trainer illness or low attendance, Silicon Beach Training Ltd reserves the right to cancel, move and reschedule a training program or course. In case of any alterations to their training program or course, the reasonable efforts will be made to contact and notify those changes. In case of cancellation of a training program, Silicon Beach Training Ltd will either re-allocate clients with their consent on to future training programs, offer Virtual training programs or offer a full refund of the pre-paid course fee.
- Dependent on the number of days notice provided to Silicon Beach Training, the following cancellation fees will be imposed on all bookings except for instances provided under Clause 3, “Cancellations made by Silicon Beach Training”. In case of any cancellations, please notify Silicon Beach Training Ltd in writing or via email to the following address – Silicon Beach Training Limited, Suite 278, Regency House, 91 Western Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 2NW.
- All rescheduling and cancellation fees are due immediately via credit or debit card.
- All cancellations that are made between 0-30 days before the commencement of the course, are subject to a 100% cancellation fee, based upon the full course fee (+ VAT), which must be paid in full upon cancellation.
- All cancellations that are made between 31-40 days prior to the course start date, are subject to a 75% cancellation fee, based upon the full course fee (+ VAT), which must be paid in full upon cancellation.
- All cancellations that are made between 41-50 days prior to the course start date, are subject to a 25% fee, based upon the full course fee (+ VAT), which must be paid in full upon cancellation.
Re-scheduling courses or exams
- Re-scheduling courses or exams with less than 30 days notice before the commencement of the course will result in a 75% charge of the full value of the course booked, in addition to VAT.
- Re-scheduling courses or exams between 31-40 days before the start date of the course, will result in a 50% charge of the full value of the course booked, in addition to VAT.
- Re-scheduling courses or exams between 41-50 days prior to the course or exam start date, will result in a 25% charge of the full value of original booking, in addition to VAT.
- When Silicon Beach Training issues refund to the Client, the refund may take up to a maximum of 20 working days to be processed. Refunds will be processed using the same payment method that the original payment was made. Deposits and banking fees are non-refundable.
- Silicon Beach Training Ltd will not be liable for any fluctuation in exchange rates or bank charges for overseas refund transactions.
- Course examination vouchers are non-refundable.
Changes to Courses:
- Silicon Beach Training Ltd reserves the right to modify any part of a published course; if this is caused by unavoidable circumstances. Silicon Beach Training Ltd reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course and will notify the Client as soon as the change is known. Silicon Beach Training Ltd will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid changes of this nature.
- Contents of course timetables are planned for general guidance only and serve as an advisory purpose only. Any typographical errors including pricing or omission in any website, course materials, administrative documentation, sales literature or other documents are subject to change without any liability on the part of Silicon Beach Training.
- Upon the receipt of payment, the course information, including the course, date, and venue, pre-coursework, maps and directions will be advised in the form of joining instructions. Silicon Beach Training Ltd reserves the right to change the venue for unavoidable circumstances and will notify the Client as soon as the change is known. Due to unavoidable cancellations or alterations to the course venue, Silicon Beach Training Ltd cannot be held liable for out of pocket expenses.
- We will make best endeavours to ensure that the accommodation of the client is at same location as the training course for all Residential training courses. However this might not always be possible. In this case, we will source your hotel accommodation as close to the training course venue as possible, usually within walking distance.
If courseware does not arrive on time for the course for any reason we will commit to replacing it at the earliest opportunity and make best endeavours to make temporary materials accessible to continue the learning programme. Refunds will not be granted for transit-related delays beyond the control of Silicon Beach Training.
For any reason, non-attendance of any course is deemed to be a cancellation without notice and payment is due in full. Part attendance of a Course is when a Client does not continue to the full course completion. In this case, the Client will not be entitled to any refund for courses which were not attended and will be deemed as non-attendance.
- It is the responsibility of the booker that the course booked is suitable for the requirements and abilities of the clients attending and it is accepted by the booker. The employees of Silicon Beach Training may recommend courses or learning solutions, however, the assessment and the final decision concerning the suitability of the course is the responsibility of the Client. The cases where recommendations have been made, we do so in good faith and will not be wilfully misleading.
- The Clients must be sufficiently proficient in English language as all public and onsite training courses are delivered only in English unless specified otherwise.
Silicon Beach Training Ltd reserves the right to refuse admission to any person whom it considers in its absolute discretion to be unsuitable for the training programme.
Booking on behalf of the Delegate:
The booker must bring these terms and conditions to the attention of Clients attending the training program in all cases, if booking on their behalf. The responsibility of booker is to ensure that the Clients receive all the relevant information including the joining instructions, course and venue updates and also meet the eligibility and published prerequisite requirements.
Onsite Training on Client Specified Site:
To provide all facilities, equipment, and setup required for the trainer to deliver the training is the responsibility of the Client. If in the opinion of the Trainer, the venue, equipment, or conditions are unsuitable, Silicon Beach Training Ltd reserves the right to cancel or discontinue the course.
- Trainer expenses for private, onsite, or closed courses will be charged as agreed at the time of the course booking, as stated on the Booking Form.
- A fixed rate for the training expenses will be applied.
E-Learning, Online Learning:
Course enrolment, fees and logon credentials are strictly non-transferable and non-refundable. Fair Usage Policy applies to access to study materials. Silicon Beach Training Ltd reserve the right to restrict access based on operational requirements including bandwidth consumption to ensure fair access to all learners. Access to e-learning/online products is granted for a 90 day period from date of purchase. Extensions can be granted upon request. If you require an extension, please contact email@example.com to obtain an extension quotation. Whilst Silicon Beach Training Ltd endeavours to ensure that the information on the online platform is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the materials on the site and we make changes to the e-learning/online content from time to time without notice. Silicon Beach Training Ltd reserves the right to change or alter course content from that which is published in order to maintain the quality of the learning. All e-learning examinations are valid for 90 days from date of purchase.
All intellectual property rights for all course materials shall remain the property of Silicon Beach Training. The Customer agrees not to reproduce, sell, hire, lend or copy the course materials or use them except for the purpose of personal reference. Silicon Beach Training Ltd warrants that it will not knowingly include any copyright material in its course materials without licence or consent.
The website and all the products and services of Silicon Beach Training Ltd without limitation are protected by international copyrights, trademarks and subject to intellectual property rights. Therefore all intellectual property belongs to Silicon Beach Training, its related companies, its affiliates or suppliers.
Silicon Beach Training Ltd does not accept responsibility for intellectual property used during any training provided which does not show an affiliation to Silicon Beach Training. Any intellectual property used in a training course, including the course itself is protected by limitations laid out in international copyright law, and is subject to intellectual property rights.
You may not copy, sell, reproduce, distribute, download, modify, display or prepare derivative works based on, repost, transmit or otherwise use any of the intellectual property of this site. The information on this site is provided “as is” and without any warranties. Silicon Beach Training Ltd does not accept responsibility of content of any third party sites that maybe referenced by Silicon Beach Training. The following activities are strictly prohibited: use of robots, other automatic device or manual process to monitor or copy the site of any of its content or the replication of this site to any server.
Warranty & Liability:
Silicon Beach Training liability for loss and damage shall be limited to a claim for damages. The maximum aggregate liability will be the charges for the course out of which the loss or damage has arisen. Silicon Beach Training Ltd will not accept liability for personal injury that incurs during our training courses caused by the negligence of any third party. Silicon Beach Training Ltd will not be liable for indirect, special or consequential loss (including loss of anticipated profit or data), howsoever arising, even if it has been advised of such potential loss. Silicon Beach Training Ltd will not be responsible for any damage resulting from any computer viruses arising from software installed on customer computer systems.
Personal belonging or items belonging to the Delegate on the Delegate’s possessions brought onto training courses are the sole responsibility of the Delegate. Silicon Beach Training Ltd accept no responsibility of the items or any loss or damage that may occur during the course.
For 12 months following either the invoice date or the date of course delivery, of any contract carried out for the Customer by Silicon Beach Training Ltd or an associate company of Silicon Beach Training, the Customer, will not directly nor indirectly employ or solicit for employment any employee of Silicon Beach Training. If the Customer breaches this clause, Silicon Beach Training Ltd shall be entitled to recover from the Customer a fee of 50% of the gross annual salary of the employee of Silicon Beach Training Ltd solicited for employment.
Silicon Beach Training Ltd may assign its interests in all or part of this agreement. The customer may not assign or transfer this contract without the express written permission of a Director of Silicon Beach Training.
No deviation from these terms and conditions will be allowed without the express written permission of a Director of Silicon Beach Training. No communication either verbal or printed on our websites will override these Terms and Conditions. If in any case any of these conditions shall be held to be invalid or shall not apply, the contract and the other conditions shall remain in force and effect.
Silicon Beach Training Ltd shall not be in breach of this contract if the provision of services are delayed or cancelled or reduced through any circumstances beyond its reasonable control including acts of God (including but not limited to, fire, flood, earthquake, storm, snow, hurricane or other natural disaster) sickness, war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labour dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service. Delegates must ensure that they can attend the training courses which they are scheduled to attend. Silicon Beach Training Ltd will not be held liable, financially or actually, for their non-attendance, whatsoever the reason may be.
- Silicon Beach Training Ltd is committed to maintaining your privacy and the use of your personal information. Please feel free to contact us if at any stage you have a question regarding the personal information that we hold on file.
- Silicon Beach Training Ltd will not disclose personal information to a third party organisation unless we have your prior consent to provide this or you have opted to allow the use of your personal information in the pursuit of performance and delivery of our service to you. If the request for your personal information is for a legal purpose, this we would class as an exception, but only after we have 100% fully verified the name or organisation requesting your personal details.
- It is our commitment not to collect personal information from Clients visiting our website unless they have voluntarily submitted their personal information via one of our contact forms that requires information that could be based on an enquiry or to book onto a training course. If you start to complete a contact enquiry form and decide not to finish, partial details are stored from where Silicon Beach Training Ltd may use this information to make contact with you, only to discuss your initial enquiry that was started but not finished. From time to time, Silicon Beach Training Ltd may contact you to inform you about a specific future training programme. Visitor IP addresses may be seen by Silicon Beach Training Ltd and on some occasions, the provider's host name but this information will not disclose your identity.
Recording of Silicon Beach Training’s Employees or associates
- Under any circumstances, the monitoring or recording of any Silicon Beach Training employee is not permitted.
- Clients are not permitted to take any video/photography/audio during the course without prior written consent of Silicon Beach Training Ltd and its Clients, failure to do so will be considered a direct breach of our terms of business and this matter would be taken very seriously.
- Clients are not permitted to take any video/audio during correspondence with Silicon Beach Training’s employees without prior written consent of Silicon Beach Training Ltd and its Clients, failure to do so will be considered a direct breach of our terms of business.
- Silicon Beach Training Ltd will not take photographs, videos, or any audio recordings of you during a course and will not use this material for Silicon Beach Training’s own marketing purposes without your prior consent.
Security and Encryption:
- We use the highest level of security and encryption methods available for processing payments online. We also strictly adhere to best practices of data protection. That means your payment details are as secure as they possibly can be when making a purchase with us.
- In order to ensure that the correspondence and machines used during training events are free from viruses and potentially harmful malicious software, Silicon Beach Training Ltd shall implement reasonable measures.
- Silicon Beach Training Ltd makes no warranty for the reliability, protection, or virus-free nature of the material that is downloaded from our website.
- The information of all Client and Company will be kept confidential that is disclosed to Silicon Beach Training Ltd. Silicon Beach Training Ltd will not disclose such information to any third party organisations or individuals, unless reasonably required for the performance of our service delivery.
- Such information shall only be disclosed to employees that require such knowledge to conduct their role at Silicon Beach Training. Such individuals are subject to legally binding obligations of data protection and confidentiality.
- Silicon Beach Training Ltd shall not be liable for the disclosure of any Client or Company information that is readily available in the public domain, or if dissemination is agreed in a legally binding written approval document.
Exam Pass Guarantee
We recognise that the examinations are difficult for certain courses. Hence, we provide an “Exam Pass Guarantee” for certain courses - applicable courses have this phrase explicitly stated on the course page. If you attend all sessions, complete all assignments, and sit the original exam within 30 days of completing the associated course, then Exam Pass Guarantee offer of Silicon Beach Training Ltd is only applicable. The Exam Pass Guarantee offer means that you can re-sit the Course at no additional cost on the first attempt. The Exam Pass Guarantee does not provide you with the associated resit examination, an additional fee may be applied when you book the exam.
- All Examination requests must be registered with Silicon Beach Training Ltd Exam Booking Team within 30 days of the course’s conclusion.
- Exam bookings must be made a minimum of 10 days in advance of the chosen examination date – customers will receive their examination registration voucher 48 hours prior to their chosen exam date from the Examining Institute. Once the customer has selected and booked a date with the Examining Institute, the voucher can only be used for the chosen date.
- If a customer misses an examination due to reasons that are beyond the control of Silicon Beach Training Ltd, such as technical issues, force majeure, or time management, a fee of £299 shall be applied should the customer want to pursue or retake the examination.