12 Jul 2007
Directing a Project (DP) PROCESS
PRINCE2® PROCESSES – Directing a Project (DP)
The purpose of the Directing a Project process is to enable the Project Board to be accountable for the project’s success by making key decisions and exercising overall control while delegating day-to-day management of the project to the Project Manager.
The objective of the Directing a Project process is to ensure that:
- There is authority to initiate the project
- There is authority to deliver the project’s products
- Management direction and control are provided throughout the project’s life, and that the project remains viable
- Corporate or programme management has an interface to the project
- There is authority to close the project
- Plans for realising the post-project benefits are managed and reviewed.
The Directing a Project process starts on completion of the Starting up a Project process and is triggered by the request to initiate a project.