HTML5 & CSS3 Training
The small class size meant the trainer had time to address individual needs. Nic was relaxed and informal, which made everyone feel at ease and able to go at their own pace.
Helen Oswald - ND Creative Ltd
See More Reviews
To discuss this, or any other course, please contacts us at +44 (0)1273 622272 or use the form below.
Our 2-day HTML5 & CSS3 course will teach you the latest features in web development and give you the tools to start building better content for the web.
Why are HTML5 & CSS3 Important?
HTML5 & CSS3 are the latest versions of the web's standard markup language, and includes a range of new features, tags and functionality. These allow for more flexibility when designing for desktops, and - perhaps more importantly - provides a new standard for the development of web content and web apps for mobile.
CSS3 allows developers to design more flexible and dynamic stylesheets, which can respond to a user's device, screen size and orientation, and also the user's behaviour. It can be used to add effects to page elements, and even to skew, re-size, rotate and transform page elements without the use of animation software like Flash.
We also provide private and in-company HTML5 & CSS3 courses. Call +44 (0)1273 622272 to discuss.
Before attending our HTML5 & CSS3 course you should first come on our 2-day HTML & CSS course or have similar experience using HTML & CSS to write and format web pages.
After our HTML5 & CSS3 training course, you will have:
- An overview of the HTML5 specification.
- An understanding of how HTML5 differs from previous specifications.
- Practical knowledge to implement new HTML5 elements and attributes.
- Practical knowledge of how to use the audio, video and canvas elements.
- An understanding of the CSS3 specification
- Knowledge of current browser support for CSS3 in Chrome, Firefox, Safari and IE9+
- Practical knowledge of how to implement new CSS3 features
- Providing support for older browsers including IE6 - 8 (polyfills)
The HTML5 course has given me the tools to further my knowledge of Web Design.
Gordon Blake - St Nicholas School
The instructor was easy to follow, explained things well and made great tea!
Kevin Wilson - Equiniti Ltd
Strengths of the course included the usability of exercises and the ability to ask questions at any point.
Paul Smith - ND Creative Ltd
Every subject was covered clearly, especially as my knowledge wasn't that great - the tutor made it very easy to understand.
Phil Smith - Expedia, Inc.
I undertook the HTML5 and CSS3 5 day course package earlier in the year I found the trainer for the course was exceptional, the example material which we worked from has been like a bible, I have already built my first practice website but more importantly I am able to understand, make suggestions and work more diligently with the development and production teams at work. As a complete beginner complex looking HTML was simplified to make total sense, within 4 weeks of putting into practice what I had learnt I was optimizing my first website for responsive design!
Phil Smith - Expedia
Great tutor, gave us some proper real-world insight into the fundamentals of the subject! Would recommend.
Craig Harris - INTO University Partnerships
Brilliant, helpful, friendly - making learning a pleasure!
Nick Vance - Sunset & Vine
HTML5 & CSS3 Training Course Content
- Why use HTML5
- New semantic tags
- Custom data attributes
- Dynamic drawing with canvas and SVG
- Form validation
- Saving state with local storage
- Offline APPCache
- What can you use now?
- Checking for browser support
- Using Modernizr.js
- Polyfills to plug the gaps in older browsers
- Useful resources
- Colour and transparency
- New selectors and pseudo-classes
- Layout: FlexBox, multiple columns, box-sizing, grids
- Fonts: web and icon fonts
- Animation and transitions
- Responsive web design using media queries
- Responsive techniques: sprites, font sizes, fluid and fixed grids
- Box shadows, text shadows, backgrounds, and border-radius
- Working with vendor prefixes
- Browser support
- Polyfills, Modernizr.js
- Working with older versions of IE
- Course Title
- HTML5 & CSS3 Training
- 2 days
- £495.00 + VAT
- 6-7 Oct 2014
- 8-9 Dec 2014
- 16-17 Feb 2015
- 11-12 May 2015
- 3-4 Aug 2015 More Dates
This course can be run in-company anywhere in the world & we can tailor the content to focus on your requirements.
We regularly provide training in London, Manchester, Bristol and Europe.
Who is this course for?
Web designers & developers, digital marketers and anyone who manages websites and wants to use the impressive features of HMTL5 & CSS3 to create and improve websites.
To request a quote or book a course fill in the form below and one of our training managers will be in contact as soon as possible to confirm your details and answer any questions.
Office hours are Monday-Friday 8.30-5.30pm.