Responsive Web Design Training
Good overview of Responsive Web Design topics and practical experience.
Maurice Farmer - Imperial College London
See More Reviews
To discuss this, or any other course, please contacts us at +44 (0)1273 622272 or use the form below.
Find out how to make a website like ours! Learn the essentials of designing websites for all devices with this interactive Responsive Web Design Training Course.
You'll be taught by trainers who are experienced responsive web designers as well as exceptional teachers. They will give you a complete overview of responsive web design best practice - with a practical focus so you can start putting your new knowledge into action right away.
Download our free Mobile Development eBook to give you an insight into how Responsive can be used to provide a rich experience for the user.
It is important that you have an existing working knowledge of HTML and CSS to get the most from this intensive responsive web design training course.
Our public courses take place in Brighton, Sussex and we can also provide private and in-company Responsive Web Design training courses. If you'd like more information - or to book - just call +44 (0)1273 622272.
After attending our Responsive Web Design course, you will know:
- The current mobile market - mobile devices and mobile browsers
- Techniques for creating flexible, responsive web sites using media queries
- Best practice design for mobile devices
- How to use tools & resources for testing
I learnt a lot about responsive design and found the training very valuable. The tutor was knowledgeable and very precise, accommodating to all students who needed help. The course flowed very well as each section led to the next with a smooth transition.
Emmanuel Akintaro - Virgin Holidays
A fascinating, informative course delivered perfectly which covered multiple solutions. Practical examples used well, would highly recommend. Many thanks John!
Dan Townson - Halfords
Great course outlines, very practical and hands on so you are learning things you can go out and use right away.
Hannah Shilliday - Starcom MediaVest Group
The course offered a thorough grounding in the aspects of responsive web design. Experienced, knowledgeable trainers helped me get the fundamental basics of flexible design.
Kyle Bailey - Wealden District Council
Responsive Web Design Training Course Content
- Mobile market overview: devices, operating systems and browsers
- One web vs. mobile web
- Mobile First
- Progressive enhancement
- How mobile devices display web pages
- Screen resolution: CSS pixels vs. device pixels
- The viewport tag
- The Safari auto-zoom bug
Responsive web design
- Flexible grids
- Flexible fonts
- Flexible images & background images
- Common screen sizes - resolution breakpoints
- Media queries
Content delivery - know your audience
- What content do people need?
- How people browse - mobile mindsets
- Browser dimensions, bandwidth & context
Design tips and best practice
- Displaying & hiding content
- Simplifying navigation
- Linearizing layouts
- White space
- Font sizes, faces & spacing
- Text readability
- Minimising input from user
- Making calls from links
- Linking the full version of a site
- Validation and markup
- In-browser testing
- Creating a suite of representative devices
- Online & offline emulators
- Testing services
- Course Title
- Responsive Web Design Training
- 1 day
- Brighton, UK
- £295.00 + VAT
- 31 Jan 2014
- 16 May 2014
This course can be run in-company anywhere in the world & we can tailor the content to focus on your requirements.
We regularly provide training in London, Manchester, Bristol and Europe.
Who is this course for?
To request a quote or book a course fill in the form below and one of our training managers will be in contact as soon as possible to confirm your details and answer any questions.
Office hours are Monday-Friday 8.30-5.30pm.