I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the Photoshop course today run by Mike. It was a really useful experience and the time went so quickly - which is always a good sign! I would recommend Silicon Beach to other people for training.
Emma-Louise Johnson - Owlight Creative
See More Reviews
To discuss this, or any other course, please contacts us at +44 (0)1273 622272 or use the form below.
Learn how to produce professional quality images for print or for the web on our Photoshop training course in Brighton.
Photoshop is great for designers, photographers and web creators who want to produce all kinds of graphics by manipulating and composing scanned or drawn images, using powerful layering and masking techniques and a wealth of special effect filters. However, it can be tricky to get the hang of, especially when trying to learn on your own.
Our Photoshop training course is delivered by experienced trainers. Our scheduled courses take place at our training centre in the vibrant, creative North Laine area of Brighton. We can also arrange private classes here, or come and train you on-site.
This Photoshop course is for beginners and self-learners. If you're already an experienced Photoshop user then our Advanced Photoshop training course may be more suitable for you.
We also run Photoshop training for Web Graphics for bloggers and web designers who want to improve the look of their web content. Photoshop is ideal for web content; download our free eBook on using Photoshop for the web for more information.
If you're unsure which course is for you, want to book a private tailored course, or would prefer Photoshop training at your premises then please call us on +44 (0)1273 622272 for a training consultation.
At the end of this course, you will be able use Photoshop to:
- Scan, re-touch, and optimise images for print or the web.
- Work effectively and flexibly with layer masks in the production of montage and image manipulation.
- Use filters and layer effects both as tools and effects.
- Export from Photoshop using the most appropriate file format for the job in hand.
- Develop Photoshop skills further using the in depth knowledge gained during this training course.
Fast paced, small group, tailored to needs, great equipment, up-to-date software, approachable trainer.
Ellie Newland, Brighton Museum & Art Gallery
The Photoshop course ran at a good pace with thorough coverage of the basics of Photoshop, techniques and information. Well presented and demonstrated.
Dominic Miller - Avios
I attended the 2-day Introductory Photoshop course at Silicon Beach last Autumn. Sharon, the trainer, is great - full of enthusiasm, expertise and useful tips and tricks and, while I don't think the course would suit an absolutely complete beginner, the 2-days gave me, personally, a good foundation on which I've been able to extend my PS skills. Thank you Silicon Beach and looking forward to the Advanced Photoshop course next May.
This was a fantastic course - going above and beyond what I anticipated covering. The tutor was excellent - full of charisma and extremely knowledgeable. I had a really enjoyable 2 days and feel like I have learnt a huge amount and now feel confident using Photoshop. Time to play!
Ellie Russell - St Josephs Specialist School & College
Excellent facilities & resources, an informative, well run course. All the staff are friendly & welcoming. Good value for money, highly recommended.
Phil Dukes - Cardinal Newman Catholic School
Really excellent course and superb trainer. No knowledge of Photoshop - I now feel that I can use it confidently.
Tracey Hobden - Hastings Borough Council
Photoshop Training Course Content
- Overview of the Photoshop interface
- Bitmaps and vectors explained
- Image size and resolution
- Image colour concepts
Basic tools and colour
- Brushes and brush types
- Adjusting brushes
- Choosing colours by eye
- Numerical colour & pantone
- Do's and don’ts of choosing colours
- The background image
- Erasing and canvas colour
Bridge & Mini Bridge
- Viewing, rating & keywording images
- Essential image navigation shortcuts
- The marquee tools
- Adding and subtracting
- Quick select, magic wand & lasso
- Transforming a selection
- Understanding selection edges
- The refine edge dialogue box
- Saving and reloading a selection
- Introduction to the power of layer masks
- Creating a layer mask from a selection
- Modifying a layer mask using the paintbrush tool
- Tricks for modifying mask edges for cut-out
- The gradient tool and masks
Layers - combining images
- Layer blending modes
- Layer opacity
- Transforming and distorting layers
- Working with multiple layers
- Creating montages
- Destructive verses non-destructive techniques
- Using adjustment layers
- Levels explained
- Colour balance and colour balance considerations
- Hue and saturation
- Selective adjustments using masks
- Spot healing
- The healing brush
- The patch tool
- The clone tool
- Content aware fill
- An overview of filters and their uses
- Pixel (100%) view and what it means
- Advantages of using smart filters
- Image sharpening in detail
- Image blurring
- Selective filtering
- Overview of layer effects
- Applying drop shadow
- Applying other layer effects
Steps to prepare an image for end use
- Opening an image using adobe bridge
- Scan resolution and dpi explained in depth
- Reference to colour bit depth
- Cropping and sizing (the quick way)
- Image adjustments using levels, colour balance and hue/saturation
- Further correction to images using shadow/highlight
- Re-touching using the clone tool
- Re-touching using the healing tool
- The clone source palette
- Considerations when choosing a file format
- Common file formats explained
- Course Title
- Photoshop Training
- 2 days
- Brighton, UK
- £495.00 + VAT
- 6-7 Feb 2014
- 12-13 May 2014
This course can be run in-company anywhere in the world & we can tailor the content to focus on your requirements.
We regularly provide training in London, Manchester, Bristol and Europe.
Who is this course for?
This course is for new designers, photographers and digital artists that want to build their knowledge of this industry-leading software.
It is recommended that delegates become familiar with the Photoshop interface before attending the training course. Download the free trial version.
To request a quote or book a course fill in the form below and one of our training managers will be in contact as soon as possible to confirm your details and answer any questions.
Office hours are Monday-Friday 8.30-5.30pm.