This course is a great start into getting your head around the basic necessities from Photoshop. A good amount of content over a fun couple of days - definitely worth doing!
Lydia Argent - Apex Auctions
See More Reviews
To discuss this, or any other course, please contacts us at +44 (0)1273 622272 or use the form below.
Learn how to produce professional quality images for print and the web with Photoshop training at Silicon Beach.
Run by professional graphic designers and photographers, this course is aimed at designers, photographers and web creators who want to produce any kind of graphic with skill and ease.
Learn how to manipulate and compose images, use powerful layering and masking techniques and delve into a wealth of special effect filters.
This Photoshop course is for beginners and self-learners; we run an Advanced Photoshop training course for experienced users.
Our courses run on Photoshop CC, for training on older versions or for in-company courses please call us on +44 (0)1273 622272 for a quote.
At the end of our Photoshop course, you will gain the skills to:
- Navigate your way around Photoshop with ease and confidence
- Re-touch and optimise images for print or the web
- Work effectively and flexibly with layer masks
- Use filters and layer effects both as tools and effects
- Export from Photoshop using the most appropriate file format any situation
- Further develop your Photoshop knowledge in the working environment
Fast paced, small group, tailored to needs, great equipment, up-to-date software, approachable trainer.
Ellie Newland, Brighton Museum & Art Gallery
I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the Photoshop course today run by Mike. It was a really useful experience and the time went so quickly - which is always a good sign! I would recommend Silicon Beach to other people for training.
Emma-Louise Johnson - Owlight Creative
The Photoshop course ran at a good pace with thorough coverage of the basics of Photoshop, techniques and information. Well presented and demonstrated.
Dominic Miller - Avios
I attended the 2-day Introductory Photoshop course at Silicon Beach last Autumn. Sharon, the trainer, is great - full of enthusiasm, expertise and useful tips and tricks and, while I don't think the course would suit an absolutely complete beginner, the 2-days gave me, personally, a good foundation on which I've been able to extend my PS skills. Thank you Silicon Beach and looking forward to the Advanced Photoshop course next May.
This was a fantastic course - going above and beyond what I anticipated covering. The tutor was excellent - full of charisma and extremely knowledgeable. I had a really enjoyable 2 days and feel like I have learnt a huge amount and now feel confident using Photoshop. Time to play!
Ellie Russell - St Josephs Specialist School & College
Excellent facilities & resources, an informative, well run course. All the staff are friendly & welcoming. Good value for money, highly recommended.
Phil Dukes - Cardinal Newman Catholic School
Really excellent course and superb trainer. No knowledge of Photoshop - I now feel that I can use it confidently.
Tracey Hobden - Hastings Borough Council
Working in Brighton it was great to have SBT on my doorstep. The staff were friendly and quick to answer my emails. The group was small and the trainer was enthusiastic & passionate about the subject. I'll definitely keep an eye out for future courses.
Rachel Downes - City Pad
Friendly. Well paced. Fun. The perfect place to learn new skills and improve the ones you have.
Michael Day - Sussex Downs College
Two days of fun & learning, great value. What could be better?
Sharon is great. I've taken two of her courses and coming back for a third because of how much I have learned!
Veronica Malley - University of Brighton
Fantastic tutor and very well structured. I feel much more confident in my Photoshop abilities. Highly recommended.
Amy Saunders - Avios
Excellent course, Sharon really knows her stuff and it's great to receive practical working knowledge of Photoshop.
Serageldean Abdelkader - American Express
Sharon is an excellent trainer. Course was structured just right, would recommend to anybody wanting to understand Photoshop.
Keith Gough - American Express
Silicon Beach Training provide top of the range training facilities centred in Brighton.For those travelling from London there are plenty of hotels and the station is 5 minutes away. Most importantly Sharon is a very enthusiastic trainer, engaging constantly with the group, I would recommend her any day of the week!
Natalie Rush - Opus Telecoms
A great, well structured course suitable for those with little prior knowledge or those wishing to ditch self - taught bad habits. Can't wait to get home and play.
Brian Corby - P&O Ferries
Great way of learning - A small focused group of like-minded people, with an expert tutor. I learnt loads of new ways of using Photoshop and also perfected some techniques I already used. Great stuff!
Jayne Travis - Virgin Media
Photoshop Training Course Content
- Overview of the Photoshop interface
- Bitmaps and vectors explained
- Image size and resolution
- Image colour concepts
Basic tools and colour
- Brushes and brush types
- Adjusting brushes
- Choosing colours by eye
- Numerical colour & pantone
- Do's and don’ts of choosing colours
- The background image
- Erasing and canvas colour
Bridge & Mini Bridge
- Viewing, rating & keywording images
- Essential image navigation shortcuts
- The marquee tools
- Adding and subtracting
- Quick select, magic wand & lasso
- Transforming a selection
- Understanding selection edges
- The refine edge dialogue box
- Saving and reloading a selection
- Introduction to the power of layer masks
- Creating a layer mask from a selection
- Modifying a layer mask using the paintbrush tool
- Tricks for modifying mask edges for cut-out
- The gradient tool and masks
Layers - combining images
- Layer blending modes
- Layer opacity
- Transforming and distorting layers
- Working with multiple layers
- Creating montages
- Destructive verses non-destructive techniques
- Using adjustment layers
- Levels explained
- Colour balance and colour balance considerations
- Hue and saturation
- Selective adjustments using masks
- Spot healing
- The healing brush
- The patch tool
- The clone tool
- Content aware fill
- An overview of filters and their uses
- Pixel (100%) view and what it means
- Advantages of using smart filters
- Image sharpening in detail
- Image blurring
- Selective filtering
- Overview of layer effects
- Applying drop shadow
- Applying other layer effects
Steps to prepare an image for end use
- Opening an image using adobe bridge
- Scan resolution and dpi explained in depth
- Reference to colour bit depth
- Cropping and sizing (the quick way)
- Image adjustments using levels, colour balance and hue/saturation
- Further correction to images using shadow/highlight
- Re-touching using the clone tool
- Re-touching using the healing tool
- The clone source palette
- Considerations when choosing a file format
- Common file formats explained
- Course Title
- Photoshop Training
- 2 days
- £495.00 + VAT
- 20-21 Jan 2015
- 30-31 Mar 2015
- 11-12 Jun 2015
- 18-19 Aug 2015
This course can be run in-company anywhere in the world & we can tailor the content to focus on your requirements.
We regularly provide training in London, Manchester, Bristol and Europe.
Who is this course for?
This course is for new designers, photographers and digital artists that want to build their knowledge of this industry-leading software.
It is recommended that delegates become familiar with the Photoshop interface before attending the training course. Download the free trial version.
To request a quote or book a course fill in the form below and one of our training managers will be in contact as soon as possible to confirm your details and answer any questions.
Office hours are Monday-Friday 8.30-5.30pm.