For me this was without doubt the most creative and downright fun training course I've ever been on; not only for discovering the tools and functions of the software but also for the wonderful trainer who led the course. He was animated, funny and with years of industry knowledge - was extremely knowledgeable.
Stephen Whitehead - Bellerbys College
See More Reviews
To discuss this, or any other course, please contacts us at +44 (0)1273 622272 or use the form below.
If you want to learn how to produce professional looking vector graphics - look no further than Adobe Illustrator training.
The vast majority of company logos and major signage you see in print or online will have been created in Illustrator - it's an essential tool for any graphic designer.
Discover the unique features of Illustrator, including how to create logos, professional type effects, complex airbrush effects and colour control on our 2-day Adobe Illustrator training course.
Aimed at those new to Illustrator or with limited experience, our Illustrator course is taught by professional graphic designers who have been running courses for years. Over the 2-day course they will pass on their knowledge of how to use Adobe Illustrator like a professional. By the end you will be able to use Illustrator with skill - your only limitation will be your creativity!
As well as our public Illustrator courses in Brighton, we can also tailor private and in-company to your requirements. Call us on +44 (0)1273 622272 for a consultation.
Once you've attended our Illustrator course, you will be able to:
- Use the Illustrator interface with ease and competence
- Create professional graphics using Illustrator
- Use Illustrator's complex airbrush effects and colour control
- Turn your design ideas into real, finished creations
The Illustrator Training course covered a wide range of topics and was very clearly presented by an excellent trainer
Charlie Price - GVS Assist
Very thorough course with good pace and time for questions. Everything was explained in detail so that we understood how to achieve good results. Plenty of new tools covered and effects explained too.
Kate Storey - Will Create
The Illustrator course built up basic knowledge for absolute beginners so that my confidence grew with each module.
I started this course with zero knowledge of Adobe Illustrator. But after the course I feel that I have the tools to carry out all my work.
Trever Campbell - Department of Work & Pensions
I found the programme relatively easy once I had got the basics. The training manual is good – I can find what I need, and generally work out what to do from it. I have had very little time to apply my new skills – practice is very definitely needed, and the trainer did emphasise this!!
Polly Stebbens - BHCC
Illustrator Training Course Content
Selection Tools & Drawing tools
- Drawing and modifying basic shapes
- Using the pen and pencil tools to create paths
- Using brushes
- Using the pathfinder tool
- Selection tools and options
- Understanding isolation mode
- Using live trace
- Applying Stroke and Fill colours
- Mixing and picking RGB, CMYK & Pantone colours
- Using Kuler & the ‘live colour’ panel
- Re-colouring artwork with ‘live colour’
- Gradients and blends, gradient mesh
- Saving and modifying colours for later use, and then importing them
- Using ‘live paint’ to simplify complex illustration tasks
Working with Text
- Typing directly onto the page and importing text from a text file
- Setting text attributes (font, colour, size, kerning, etc.)
- Wrapping text around objects or flowing along a path
Working With Images
- Placing images and other artwork into Illustrator
- Choosing whether to link or embed images
- Working with clipping paths
- Modifying image colours and appearance
- Using ‘live trace’ to create vector art from photographs
Effects and the Appearance Panel
- Using effects and appearances
- Multiple fills & strokes on a path
- Creating and using graphic styles
Working with Layers
- Creating layers - setting layer properties
- Viewing, hiding and locking layers
- Moving objects between layers
- Document profiles
- Managing artboards
- Grids, guides, and positioning
- Adding and using guidelines
- Exporting artwork for Photoshop or InDesign
- Using the Info Panel & the Transform Panel
- Moving, aligning, & grouping objects
- Using envelope distortions
- Creating and altering symbols
- Creating 3D objects in Illustrator
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Course Title
- Illustrator Training
- 2 days
- Brighton, UK
- £495.00 + VAT
- 7-8 Apr 2014
- 21-22 Jul 2014
This course can be run in-company anywhere in the world & we can tailor the content to focus on your requirements.
We regularly provide training in London, Manchester, Bristol and Europe.
Who is this course for?
Graphic designers, small business owners, creative professionals and marketers who need to create illustrations, logos, marketing materials or any type of graphics using Adobe Illustrator. No previous experience is required but we do recommend familiarising yourself with the Illustrator interface. Download a trial from Adobe.
To request a quote or book a course fill in the form below and one of our training managers will be in contact as soon as possible to confirm your details and answer any questions.
Office hours are Monday-Friday 8.30-5.30pm.