Blog Main Categories
- Project Management 74
- Programme Management 0
- Portfolio Management 0
- Business Skills 134
- Creative Design 69
- Cyber Security 0
- Technical IT 0
- Risk Management 0
- Business Processes 81
- IT and Web Development 67
- Digital Marketing 102
- Benefits Management 0
- Change Management 0
- Health & Safety 0
- Data Protection 0
- Online Courses 0
- Lean Six Sigma Training 0
- Enterprise Architecture & Enterprise IT 0
- ILM 0
You are viewing posts from the twitter tools category. Click to view all posts
How to find Influencers on Twitter...
But, what is a “good friend” on Twitter?
It is not about the traditional friendship. In this case we are talking about business - and to connect with people that we know are “influencers” on Twitter, it means, they have a lot of followers and their followers are in the audience that you want to achieve. They can be journalists that report about your industry, colleagues, partners or even competitors that can add value to your own profile when they interact with you.
So, how can you find “influencers”?
The Top Twitter Tools for Marketers
32 Twitter tools for everything you could think of!
Most of us have woken up to the importance of social media for marketing by now. But whether you're a social networking pro or newbie, the volume of tools can be intimidating. When you do devote time, social networks like Twitter don't always makes things easy for business users. Here we focus on Twitter to suggest key ways marketers can use it and we guide you through the best apps.
Read on for various handy tools: all of which will save you time and help you realise Twitter's potential, none of which will help you take shortcuts or spam your way to online marketing success!
Once you are up and running on Twitter it can be tricky to catch the best tweets or keep an eye on all of your mentions. TweetDeck and HootSuite attempt to solve those problems, with their user-friendly and functional interfaces really enforcing Twitter's place as a useful tool for businesses.
Update: Since we wrote this Twitter launched its new interface which is more user friendly to tempt people away from 3rd party Twitter clients.
The uninitiated may wonder what the fuss is all about, but these Twitter tools are highly addictive once you get started - the only problem is, which one should you use? Of course if you're new to Twitter and other social media platforms our social networking training in Brighton, Sussex, may be a help to get you started.
A Comparison of TweetDeck and HootSuite
These two tools have some shared benefits: keep on top of what's going on with customised and easy to manage columns; reply, re-tweet and direct message with a click; download a mobile phone application, and manage multiple accounts on Twitter or other social networks. The differences between HootSuite and TweetDeck are subtle, but may be key to which application you choose; read on for our comparison.
So you have your Twitter account, you can see who you are following, you can see who follows you and you can see which of those you are following are following you.
Great, but now you want to know:
- Who is not following you back?
- Who has recently stopped following you?
- What are your contacts tweeting about?
- Who is a useless twit?
Those interested in building up their online presence using social media may be interested in our one day Social Media course. There are loads of Twitter applications out there that can answer these questions for you, here are just a few of my favourites:
- TwitterCounter: THE number 1 stats site for your Twitter account.
- My Tweeple: My Tweeple lists your follower and those you follow with their bio snippet attached, this is really useful if you want to contact them outside of twitter as their website or LinkedIn account is usually listed.
- FriendOrFollow: Who are you following that’s not following you back? Who’s following you that you’re not following back? A very concise and visual tool.
- ChirpStats: To find out when someone has unfollowed you, simply follow @chirpstats on Twitter and then it will message you every time you are unfollowed.
- Refollow - Allows you to filter out unimportant follows and group together different types of useful people you follow. It's a great way to manage your followers and friends.