Assertiveness Training with Confidence Building
Fascinating and life changing; I feel empowered to go and achieve my goals
Sarah Veall, Fresheyemarketing
See More Reviews
To discuss this, or any other course, please contacts us at +44 (0)1273 622272 or use the form below.
Our Assertiveness training course provides practical advice and techniques to boost your confidence and build self-esteem.
Share experiences with others in a safe environment, understand your own behavioural styles and those of others and develop achievable techniques for communicating and behaving more assertively.
On our Assertiveness course you will learn strategies for handling conflict, communicating assertively and developing relationships that can be applied both at work and in your personal life.
Download our free Assertiveness: Confidence Building Exercises eBook for an insight into to some of what you'll learn on the course.
Learn to assert yourself without being aggressive and start achieving more.
We also provide private and in-company Assertiveness & Confidence Building Courses. Call us on +44 (0)1273 622272 to discuss your needs.
By the end of our Confidence Building training and Assertiveness course you will be able to:
- Recognise the link between assertiveness, confidence and self-esteem
- Identify the best approach to use when voicing ideas and opinions to colleagues and especially senior managers
- Handle difficult situations and people confidently and assertively
- Deal with criticism, confrontation, anger, and negativity effectively and positively
- Overcome feelings of apprehension and understand the importance of language and body language to assertiveness
- Develop techniques for better working relationships using assertiveness
I just wanted to email to ask if you could please pass on my thanks for Sofie who ran the assertiveness course on 27/28 September. I got so much out of it and am putting more and more of it into practice every day. Insightful, in-depth and thought provoking!
Neil MacGillivray - Teva UK Ltd
Such an excellent range of useful models, enough detail to properly understand how to get to grips with the idea - good breadth as well. Great structure, very participatory - a particularly good way of introducing which settles people into what is quite a personal journey of a course.
Sue Fleming - University of Brighton
I think it was very important for us to understand our rights and that we must consider others. It was a small group which made it easy to be relaxed about quite emotive subjects.
Ruth Eglinton - Legal & General Assurance Society Ltd
Very interesting & fulfilling course which will hopefully improve my standard of life.
Simon Trevena - Ridge West Garage
All course material was relevant, I will practise the models learnt and change my way of working - which will in turn improve my life.
Sue Parry - ABN AMRO
Really great, personal courses tailored to individuals and their needs. Clear and organised, couldn't recommend more.
Rachael Parsons - Oyster Healthcare Communications Ltd
Easily understandable content and a fantastic personable tutor. I have many good memories to take with me and put into action. I feel empowered.
David Smith - B&W Group Ltd
The Assertiveness & Confidence Building course went beyond my expectations. The course was very well laid out and very well led by Sofie. I have learnt a lot from this course and will put this into immediate use.
James Crowe - Hastings Insurance Services Ltd
This course is a must do. Not only to improve your communication skills at work but also to have a serious impact on your way of thinking in daily life.
Benoit Oger - University of Brighton
This course has made me believe in myself & find my strengths. It's helped me so much on a personal level, as well as in the workplace, that I can't thank you enough. I've met some truly great people and Sofie couldn't have been more helpful & understanding. I couldn't have had a better "life" tutor!
Daniela Ivanova - City Pad
Very good course. The group was very engaging and open. The tutor showed a great understanding of the subject matter.
Liam Bryant - Hastings Insurance Services Ltd
Fantastic course, covered all areas to make me feel empowered, confident and assertive in both work and my personal life.
Carla Harding - BAE Systems
Jacqui is really friendly and knowledgeable and gave us some really useful tools for effective communication and assertiveness.
Jessica Vine - Madgex
Sofie is an excellent teacher. She is very thorough and patient. This course has increased my confidence & has given me tools to use in everyday life.
Charlotte Gilliland - The Kitchen Store
Sofie is very engaging and inspiring - I left the course ready to tackle anything!
Claire Scully - Rayner Intraocular Lenses
I thought the course was excellent and it really has motivated me to want to change the way I think and feel about myself.
Georgina Adams - Hastings Insurance Services Ltd
I'm at a stage in my world where I am in the thick of fighting back from a very long way down. It was fantastic to take a two breather from daily pressures to reflect on the best approaches to take when getting back to the fray.
Timothy Graves - University of Sussex Library
I learned a lot from this course and feel that I can use what I have learned in work and social situations. Sofie, the course tutor, was engaging and knowledgable on her subject.
Nigel Senior - Semantico Limited
Would recommend this course highly as it helps you identify and resolve 'issues' or difficulties and then find ways to resolve them assertiveness and in an effective way.
Excellent course. I have learnt some great skills that I can put straight to work. This course covers many strategies that can be used in personal and Business situations. It covers simple but effective ways to deal with awkward and difficult situations in everyday life. Thank you.
Daniel Leff - The Bling King
Assertiveness Training with Confidence Building Course Content
Understanding Different Styles of Behaviour
- A definition of assertive behaviour and the benefits it offers
- Distinguishing between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour
- Assertiveness at work - understanding human behaviour
Recognising Your Own Style and Behaviours
- Self-assessment of your style - the associated strengths and weaknesses
- Cultural and gender based influences on your behaviour
- Building relationships with work colleagues
- Developing an assertive behavioural style
Why do People Behave the Way They Do?
- An introduction to the principles of Transactional Analysis
- Assertiveness at work - understanding human behaviour
- How are you perceived by others?
- Avoiding the games people play
Handling Difficult Situations, Problems and Conflicts
- Tackling barriers to assertiveness - recognising and dealing with fear and apprehension
- Confronting common problems which occur in the workplace
- Resolving conflict - dealing with difficult people
- Raising sensitive issues
Assertive, Persuasive and Positive Communication
- Moving from negative to positive ways of thinking - building your self-esteem
- Are you saying 'yes' when you should be saying 'no'?
- The art of persuasion - getting ideas across
- How self-esteem affects confidence and influences behaviour - using assertive language
- Identifying ways of building self-esteem and developing confidence
- Taking control through positive body language
- Using assertive and positive language - making your message clear
- Giving and receiving critical feedback
- Persuasion skills and coping with criticism
- Applying assertive techniques in different workplace situations
Your Ongoing Assertiveness Development
- Establishing your goals and a plan of action for implementation on your return to work
- Course Title
- Assertiveness Training with Confidence Building
- 2 days
- £495.00 + VAT
- 22-23 Jan 2015
- 1-2 Apr 2015
- 8-9 Jun 2015
- 20-21 Aug 2015
This course can be run in-company anywhere in the world & we can tailor the content to focus on your requirements.
We regularly provide training in London, Manchester, Bristol and Europe.
Who is this course for?
Anyone who needs to develop their assertiveness skills in the workplace and improve self-esteem.
To request a quote or book a course fill in the form below and one of our training managers will be in contact as soon as possible to confirm your details and answer any questions.
Office hours are Monday-Friday 8.30-5.30pm.