Blog Main Categories
- Project Management 80
- Business Skills 156
- Creative Design 88
- Business Processes 86
- IT and Web Development 79
- Digital Marketing 155
You are viewing posts from the Plans Theme category. Click to view all posts
Now you can test your knowledge of PRINCE2® with our interactive PRINCE2 Quiz!
Split into 11 bite-sized parts, this quiz tests your understanding of PRINCE2 2009 Themes and Processes.
Our PRINCE2 quiz is ideal for revision for your PRINCE2 Foundation and PRINCE2 Practitioner exams or for testing your knowledge before coming on a PRINCE2 course.
To work through our PRINCE2 quiz, use the links below:
- PRINCE2 Quiz Part 1: PRINCE2 Principles
- PRINCE2 Quiz Part 2: Business Case Theme
- PRINCE2 Quiz Part 3: Organisation Theme
- PRINCE2 Quiz Part 4: Quality Theme
- PRINCE2 Quiz Part 5: Plans Theme
- PRINCE2 Quiz Part 6: Risk Theme
- PRINCE2 Quiz Part 7: Change Theme
- PRINCE2 Quiz Part 8: Progress Theme
- PRINCE2 Quiz Part 9: Starting up and Initiating a Project
- PRINCE2 Quiz Part 10: Directing a Project , Controlling a Stage and Managing Product Delivery
- PRINCE2 Quiz Part 11: Managing a Stage Boundary and Closing a Project
For comprehensive instructor-led PRINCE2 training, examination and certification, delegates should attend one of our public PRINCE2 Foundation training or PRINCE2 Practitioner training courses in Brighton, UK.
Head over to our PRINCE2 Resources page for more help with your PRINCE2 revision.
This PRINCE2 quiz is written by Silicon Beach Training and does not represent real PRINCE2 exam content.
The purpose of the Plans theme is to facilitate communication and control by defining the means of delivering the products (the where and how, by whom, and estimating the when and how much).
Effective project management relies on effective planning as without a plan there is no control. Planning provides all personnel involved in the project with information on:
- What is required
- How it will be achieved and by whom, using what specialist equipment and resources
- When events will happen
- Whether the targets (for time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits) are achievable.
The development and maintenance of credible plans provides a baseline against which progress
can be measured. They enable planning information to be disseminated to stakeholders in order to secure any commitments which support the plan.
PRINCE2® approach to plans
The development following activities will be used to create all levels of plan:
- Design the plan
- Define and analyse the products
- Identify activities and dependencies
- Prepare estimates
- Prepare the schedule
- Document the Plan
- Analyse the risks
Plans are produced at three levels in a PRINCE2 project.
- Initiation Stage Plan – this plan covers the activities of the initiation stage for the project.
- Project plan – this is the high level overall plan that covers the full duration of the project.
- Stage plan– this is an extract of the project plan covering a specific stage with more detail.
- Team plan – this is an optional plan which would contain a more detailed breakdown of a section of the stage plan for use by a team when developing certain products.
- Exception plan – when a plan is predicted to no longer finish within the agreed tolerances, an exception plan is produced to replace that plan.
- Benefits review plan – covers activities during and after the project to determine achievement of benefits.