Foundation in Business Analysis Training
To discuss this, or any other course, please contacts us at +44 (0)1273 622272 or use the form below.
Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis training encompasses a broad range of techniques within the structure of the business analysis process model. The qualification is based upon the BCS publication, Business Analysis.
This Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis course covers the topics contained within this publication and provides delegates with the knowledge that underpins the higher level Business Analysis qualifications.
We also provide private and in-company Foundation in Business Analysis courses. Call us on 01273 622272 for more information.
This course prepares participants to sit the one-hour, multiple-choice examination leading to the BCS Foundation in Business Analysis Certificate. This certificate is a Knowledge Based Specialism Module for the BCS Diploma in Business Analysis.
At the end of the 3 day course you will be able to demonstrate knowledge of business analysis techniques and principles including:
- The role of the business analyst
- Strategy analysis
- Business system & business process modelling
- Stakeholder analysis
- Investigation & modelling techniques
- Requirements engineering
- Business case development
- Management of business change
Foundation in Business Analysis Training Course Content
Introduction to business analysis
- The rationale for business analysis
- The development of business analysis
- The scope of business analysis
Role of the business analyst
- The Business Analysis Maturity Model
- The responsibilities of a business analyst
- The competencies of a business analyst
- The Skills Framework for the Information Age
Business strategy analysis
- The strategic context
- Developing business strategies
- Strategic analysis techniques
- SWOT analysis
The Business Analysis Process Model
- The lifecycle for business analysis
- Creative problem-solving approach
- Stages of the lifecycle
- Deliverables and activities for each stage
- Interviewing and workshops
- Observation approaches
- Scenarios and prototyping
- Quantitative investigation techniques
- Categorising stakeholders
- Analysing stakeholders
- Stakeholder management
Modelling the business system
- Soft systems methodology
- Documenting business situations
- Business perspectives
- Business activity models
- Business events and business rules
- Performance measures
- Gap analysis
Business process modelling
- The rationale for business process modelling
- Business process modelling techniques
- Business process improvement
- Requirements engineering and the systems development lifecycle
- The requirements engineering process
- Actors in requirements engineering
- Requirements elicitation
- Requirements analysis
- Documenting requirements
- Requirements validation
- Managing requirements
Modelling the IT system
- Modelling system functions
- Modelling system data
Making a business and financial case
- The business case in the project lifecycle
- Identifying options
- Assessing feasibility
- Structure of a business case
- Investment appraisal techniques
- Presenting the business case
- Realising the benefits
- Course Title
- Foundation in Business Analysis Training
- 3 days
- £1,175.00 + VAT
- 17-19 Sep 2014
- 1-3 Oct 2014
- 27-29 Oct 2014
- 17-19 Nov 2014
- 8-10 Dec 2014 More Dates
- 15-17 Dec 2014
This course can be run in-company anywhere in the world & we can tailor the content to focus on your requirements.
We regularly provide training in London, Manchester, Bristol and Europe.
Who is this course for?
The certificate is relevant to anyone requiring an understanding of Business Analysis including business analysts, business managers and their staff, business change managers and project managers.
To request a quote or book a course fill in the form below and one of our training managers will be in contact as soon as possible to confirm your details and answer any questions.
Office hours are Monday-Friday 8.30-5.30pm.