Blog Main Categories
- Project Management 72
- Business Skills 122
- Creative Design 56
- Business Processes 75
- IT and Web Development 57
- Digital Marketing 94
You are viewing posts from the social bookmarking category. Click to view all posts
When it comes to social media there is an ever-increasing number of online channels which can be used to quickly spread the word about your projects, products and services. But the wide range of choices available and the software available to manage social media can be daunting.
When it comes to managing your social media, consider what your business priorities are and what areas you need to focus on daily, weekly or monthly. Planning your social media activity is crucial!
We've made life a little easier with our updated downloadable free Social Media Schedule .PDF!
Daily social media tasks are crucial for maintaining your image and conversing with others. While it is not time effectively to always be on Twitter and Facebook you want to make sure you respond to any communication quickly.
- Twitter - Tweet and respond to tweets and retweets - Tools such as TweetDeck and HootSuite are great ways to manage Twitter and if there's a topic you want to keep an eye on you can create a search column using the related hashtag.
- Google+ - respond to mentions and comments on your posts, scan the feed for interesting content to +1.
- Facebook - check your profile, pages and groups and respond as appropriate.
- LinkedIn - respond to private messages and posts/comments in your groups if you have any.
- Blogs - Respond to comments on your own blog posts - this opens up a dialogue between you and your users/followers, maximising opportunities for business relationships and reciprical marketing.
- Bookmarking - Scan what's popular on bookmarking and recommendation sites such as Delicious, Stumbleupon and Digg and then add your own bookmarks accordingly.
- Analytics - Google Analytics is the main choice for clear and concise information and it now features real time reporting. This is great as you can monitor your traffic from social media channels during campaigns to find our what elements of your social media strategy are the most successful.
Choosing the best Social Bookmarking sites
It can be tricky deciding how to choose your Social Bookmarking websites, and hard to know which are the best ones. You may wonder whether your subject matter is appropriate, what sort of audience they attract, or whether your bookmark will leave a dofollow link (see our blog post on how to get dofollow links).
But confusion aside, social bookmarking sites are a key part of the Social Media and SEO mix - once you've decided which ones to use, bookmarking is an incredibly way of increasing exposure and traffic. It's also important to add some bookmarking widgets to your blog, to encourage others to recommend it - see our hands-on Training for Social Media, Training for SEO and Training for Blogging courses to learn more about this.
Read on for our list of the best Social Bookmarking sites and tips for how to use them.