Blog Main Categories
- Project Management 75
- Business Skills 139
- Creative Design 72
- Business Processes 80
- IT and Web Development 68
- Digital Marketing 124
You are viewing posts from the Customize Google+ Profile category. Click to view all posts
We've been really pleased to see that loads of you are downloading the template and pimping up your Google Plus profiles with some really creative uses of the images.
So - we've showcased our favourites below.
WHAT'S MORE... we opened this up to the public vote with an amazing* prize for the winner
Don't get too excited - we're not going to give away an iPad or anything!
The winner will receive (drum roll please).... a £25 Amazon Voucher!!!! (that's about $40 for those over the pond)
PLUS - the winner will have the kudos of being known as "Silicon Beach Training's Favourite Pimped Google+ Profile"
Here's our shortlist of Customised Google+ Profiles...
- Voting will be via online poll on this blog
- Voting will open at 9.30 BST on Friday 15th July 2011 and close at 9.30 BST on 22nd July 2011
- The profile with the most votes as at 9.30 BST on 22nd July will be judged the winner
- Voting will be limited to one vote per day (by cookie and IP address)
- The prize of £25 Amazon voucher will be issued via e-mail - the winner will be asked to provide their e-mail address for this purpose only
- The prize is not transferable and cannot be substituted for a cash alternative.
- Additional entrants will be considered up to 8.30 am BST on 15th July - no new entries may be submitted after this time. Submission of your profile does not guarantee inclusion in the shortlist.
- Any shortlisted entrant may request to be removed from the competition, and their images removed from this blog at any time
- The competition and the terms and conditions of this agreement will be governed by English law.
Check out our updated post on how to get the perfect social media cover photos; including for the new Google+ Layout.
Download and unzip our Photoshop Template
Open up the template in Photoshop. We've left the images of my face in the template so you can see how it all works - but if you don't want to see my face (and I can sympathise with your position if you don't) then either hide or delete the "Colin" Layers!
Next you'll want to import the image (or images) that you want to use in your own profile.
To do this, select File > Place and select your image file.
Drag and resize it so its in the correct position, and hit enter to place it:
The web is alight with Google+ fever at the moment, and it seems that Google might have come up with a Social Networking concept that will truly challenge Facebook.
Like everyone else we've been getting to grips with how to get the best out of our profiles.
We've also devised a natty method for customising your Google+ profile design using tiled images.
And what's more we've put together a Photoshop Template to make it easy to implement for anyone who knows a bit of Photoshop (for those that don't - we run a great 2-day Photoshop course here in Brighton!)
We're sure you can all come up with some brilliant and creative ways of using the method to customize Google+ profiles that really stand out - we'd love to see the results - so if you use our template please post a link to your profile in the comments section so we can check out your work.
Here's our step by step guide to customize your Google+ Profile using our PSD Template.
NEW - Check out our selection of the most creative Google+ profile designs!