Blog Main Categories
- Project Management 80
- Business Skills 154
- Creative Design 96
- Business Processes 88
- IT and Web Development 81
- Digital Marketing 161
You are viewing posts from the Benefits review plan category. Click to view all posts
Here you can download official PRINCE2 project templates to help you to manage your project effectively.
You can download a zipped folder containing all of the PRINCE2 project templates or select individual templates from the list below:
PRINCE2 Project Templates:
- Benefits Review Plan
- Business Case
- Checkpoint Report
- Communication Management Strategy
- Configuration Item Record
- Configuration Management Strategy
- Daily Log
- End Project Report
- End Stage Report
- Exception Report
- Highlight Report
- Issue Register
- Issue Report
- Lessons Log
- Lessons Report
- Project Plan
- Product Description
- Product Status Account
- Project Brief
- Project Initiation Documentation
- Project Product Description
- Quality Management Strategy
- Quality Register
- Risk Management Strategy
- Risk Register
- Work Package
The purpose of the Plans theme is to facilitate communication and control by defining the means of delivering the products (the where and how, by whom, and estimating the when and how much).
Effective project management relies on effective planning as without a plan there is no control. Planning provides all personnel involved in the project with information on:
- What is required
- How it will be achieved and by whom, using what specialist equipment and resources
- When events will happen
- Whether the targets (for time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits) are achievable.
The development and maintenance of credible plans provides a baseline against which progress
can be measured. They enable planning information to be disseminated to stakeholders in order to secure any commitments which support the plan.
PRINCE2® approach to plans
The development following activities will be used to create all levels of plan:
- Design the plan
- Define and analyse the products
- Identify activities and dependencies
- Prepare estimates
- Prepare the schedule
- Document the Plan
- Analyse the risks
Plans are produced at three levels in a PRINCE2 project.
- Initiation Stage Plan – this plan covers the activities of the initiation stage for the project.
- Project plan – this is the high level overall plan that covers the full duration of the project.
- Stage plan– this is an extract of the project plan covering a specific stage with more detail.
- Team plan – this is an optional plan which would contain a more detailed breakdown of a section of the stage plan for use by a team when developing certain products.
- Exception plan – when a plan is predicted to no longer finish within the agreed tolerances, an exception plan is produced to replace that plan.
- Benefits review plan – covers activities during and after the project to determine achievement of benefits.
PRINCE2® PROCESSES – Closing a Project (CP)
See our courses for PRINCE2 in Brighton, Sussex.
The purpose of the Closing a Project process is to provide a fixed point at which acceptance for the project product is confirmed, and to recognize that objectives set out in the original Project Initiation Documentation have been achieved (or approved changes to the objectives have been achieved), or that the project has nothing more to contribute.
The objective of the Closing a Project process is to:
- Verify user acceptance of the project’s products
- Ensure that the host site is able to support the products when the project is disbanded
- Review the performance of the project against its baselines
- Assess any benefits that have already been realized, update the forecast of the remaining benefits, and plan for a review of those unrealized benefits
- Ensure that provision has been made to address all open issues and risks, with follow-on action recommendations.
The main products of this process are as follows:
- Project Plan updated with final actual
- Product Status Account covering the status of all products for the project
- Issue register to identify any outstanding issues
- Follow-on action recommendations created with any outstanding issues to be addressed
- Configuration item records updated with current status of products
- Benefits review plan updated with dates for benefits realization
- Acceptance records for products completed
- End project report created
- Lessons Report created
- Close Issue, Risk, Quality registers, Daily and Lessons Log